When you ask a conventional doctor how to heal adrenal fatigue, they do a bunch o’ tests and load you up with meds, including thyroid medication and anti-depressants. For starters.
Some docs still don’t think it even exists except in our minds.
Well, it does exist and it can be clinically proven. You can also figure out if you have it by identifying symptoms.
Does any of this sound like you? You…
- Wake up tired even though you got “plenty” of sleep
- Have little energy thru-out the day
- Need 2 days to recover from exercise
- Have become a chronic late night snacker
- Crave carbs, often in the form of junk food
- Have low to no libido
- Get an energy boost in the evening (after being tired all day!)
- Wake in the night unable to get back to sleep
- Look for more stimulants during the day: caffeine, soda, sugar, “energy” drinks
- Have mysterious body aches that often “move around” and “come and go”
- Have trouble concentrating
- Suffer brain fog
- Have racing thoughts
- Are moody and irritable
- Feel overwhelmed
- Have cravings for salty foods
- Frequently have to get up to pee in the night even if you drank no water before bed
- Have high: blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol
- Suffer allergies, arthritis, inflammation, stiff joints
- Have a hard time getting to sleep, then staying asleep
- Feel depressed
- Are seriously fatigued
- Have low tolerance over simple things
- Have anxiety issues
- Find yourself holding your breath, shallow breathing, heart palpitations
- Sometimes get dizzy when standing
- Have a hard time enjoying life
Some of these are common symptoms for other health issues, so having only a couple does not necessarily mean you have adrenal and hormone trouble (the two go hand in hand).
However, several of them together — particularly waking tired, being fatigued, unable to control your thoughts, irritability — point directly to adrenals!
And no clue what I could do to feel better!!! I ate right *I thought*, I took supplements which were supposed to keep me healthy, I exercised occasionally… I thought waking at 2am and up for the night… only to fall into a deep sleep at 5:30 am…
I thought this was a normal part of aging.
In fact, I still thought if only I could FEEL better, that would mean I would BE better.
So on days when I had a little more energy, I thought, “I’m good. That energy thing must be over! Whew.” So I go at life the way I used to… then be practically bed-ridden the next few days while I recovered!!!
This was no life at all. I hated having no energy and almost none of my usual good cheer. But I was just too tired to fully participate!
The really confusing thing was, other than being tired, I felt “fine”. I thought everyone had all the above symptoms every now and then.
I also didn’t know that, when it comes to your health, how you FEEL can have little or nothing to do with how you ARE.
I mean, you can feel “fine” while your body is developing an illness. That’s how getting sick works. We all know people who look great and feel good, then are diagnosed with something, right? Diabetes, advanced adrenal dysregulation, cancer, leaky gut, Parkinson’s, dementia, for example.
Feel good, then BAM, turns out not so good.
HERE’S SOME GOOD NEWS!
You don’t “get” a disease. Nor do you “catch” one… Disease develops over time, during which we usually feel pretty good.
I know that still sounds bad, BUT because a disease is developing and is not yet established, we can find and fix it at the root! Right now!
You are probably reading this because you don’t feel great anymore, right? So let’s get to answering two questions:
1) What’s going on? And 2) why don’t I feel great anymore?
Step 1: Listen to your body.
Most of us *including me* have had to re-learn to listen to our bodies. Our bodies speak to us via symptoms and history: how you feel now compared to how you felt back then.
There are two ways to listen.
#1 is via lab testing. If testing is practical for you, you’ll do the DUTCH test: an at-home Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones, between $325 and $450, depending on add-ons. Lab results can explain why we feel the way we do. We can correlate symptoms to test results.
Testing is not always feasible for a variety of reason. If this is you, no worries!
#2 is via an in-depth health history. We can deduce much via questions, symptoms and history.
Once we’ve got the big picture of where you are health-wise, we take 30 days to detox/cleanse and re-nourish the body.
Step 2: The 30-Days to Healthy Living Reset
To repair, we use a whole-body “retraining” elimination diet to reset your pathways: hormone, detox, endocrine, digestion.
It is extremely effective, I’ve used it with clients for over 2 years. No other protocol has moved the needle so far so fast.
Bear in mind that you might not be fully recovered in 30 days. Your health didn’t get out of sync in 30 days… it’s probably been falling apart V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y over months, if not YEARS.
However, you can recover completely. C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E-L-Y!!! It requires only a wee bit of patience and commitment to the healing process.
When your 30 Days program is complete — and we stay in close touch the entire time — we look at what’s left and use my D-DRESS Approach to facilitate your healing journey.
Your 30 Days to Healthy Living Reset includes:
- Unlimited email, text, phone support during the 30 days
- Analysis and compilation of your answers to a detailed health history
- Analysis of your lab test results (if you choose to test)
- Detailed information on D-DRESS: detox, diet, rest, exercise, supplements, stress management
- A complete supplement package for a 30 day elimination diet, including:
- 2 meals a day
- daily support, education, recipes
- prebiotic, probiotic, digestive enzymes, vitamins, electrolytes, adaptogenic herbs (for adrenal health)
- gentle herbal energy drinks to help balance blood sugar, improve mood
- 7 day blood cleanse (NOT a colon cleanse)
- daily detox tea
- daily greens drink supplying a full day’s supply of fruits & veggies (including reds, greens, blues, yellows)
- No pharmaceuticals, no surgery
- A complete plan for moving forward beyond the first 30 days.
To learn more, click here for a FREE 30 minute no-obligation consultation.
I look forward to working with you!