DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice. Use this protocol and anything else you find on this site at your own risk. (That’s how I roll, at my own risk!)
Symptoms are all over the place and sometimes you have no symptoms at all!
A stool test is required to determine these little buggers. If you or someone you love is suffering any autoimmune or health situation, I HIGHLY recommend testing to see if one or more of these are a factor. I use the GI Map (link to info) and it usually takes a couple of weeks to get the result.
You can do the following protocol without testing. I did because I didn’t know any better. I do NOT recommend doing a protocol without testing! While it’s not harmful for most of us, it IS expensive and time consuming.
Killing parasites takes at least 60 days because you have to make sure you get all the life cycles… Anything less than 60 days and you are probably wasting your time and money. If you want to be absolutely sure, 90 days is better. You only want to do this ONCE.
Basic Parasite Protocol*
1 – GI MicrobX: 2 caps 3x/day
The biggest concern with Artemesia is that it can be hard on the liver, so if someone has a liver disease or compromised liver function, consult your healthcare provider. If you are concerned, you can test liver enzymes in the blood throughout the protocol to make sure no problems are occurring. It is fine to drop the dose of the Artemesia down to 1 capsule 3x/day instead of 2 capsules 3x/day – it all depends on how aggressive you want to get in addressing parasites.
3 – Oil of Oregano: 1-2 softgels 3x/day
4 – Liver GB support because a) it’s always a good idea! Your liver is your major detox organ. And b) if you have Giardia, it can get into the bile ducts and inhibit fat digestion. Biotics Beta Plus is an excellent product, start small and titrate up slowly.
- Do for 60 days, wait a couple of weeks and retest to make sure you got everything.
- You can take all supplements at same time with food. In general, herbs are said to be slightly more effective if taken on an empty stomach. However, a lot of these stronger anti-microbial products can be a bit rougher on the stomach, so we generally recommend taking them with meals to avoid stomach upset. Either way seems to be effective.
- No need to worry about full moon. Since you are doing 2 full months, you get every part of the life cycle.
- Heavy Metals? Do parasites before heavy metals: parasites soak up metals so they will release some back into the body when they die. Parasites first, then heavy metal clean-up.
- Best to be gluten, dairy, coffee-free during the protocol for gut health!
- As the pathogens die, you want to mop up the mess with a binder like activated charcoal or bentonite clay (yes, it says “facial mask” on the container but that’s because nobody can advertise taking it internally. Trust me, millions do, including me EVERYDAY!)
- Take your binders away from food and supplements — an hour either side. Otherwise, the binders mop up your parasite killers!
- Consider other detox protocols to keep the liver in great shape — it’s basically doing all the work here! My favs include coffee enemas and castor oil packs.
Afterwards, make sure you are using a GREAT probiotic to restore gut health. When your gut is healthy, pathogens can’t live there!!! I use a probiotic, prebiotic and digestive enzyme product in one. A nice tasting powder that you mix and drink once a day, $44/month. Please contact me for more info.
And please don’t hesitate to contact me for ANY questions — I’m happy to answer anything! My email and phone number are at the top of every page!
*I have been told that this is very similar to Dr. Kalish‘s protocol. I am a fan!