There’s no good news when it comes to statin facts, actually. Especially if you are taking them.
Seriously, if you are taking statins, you’ve been conned. Not about whether they work to lower cholesterol — they absolutely do that. Too well.
The con is that anyone needs to lower cholesterol at all!!! Cholesterol is an essential nutrient. Without it, you’ll die.
Did you know that your brain won’t work without it (your brain is 50% fat & cholesterol) and your hormones can’t be created without it?
Your hormones drive EVERYTHING good in your body. Ask your doct — no wait, that’s who told you to take statins in the first place.
Try this one: ask your doctor to name the last research paper s/he read on statins and cholesterol. If it was the flawed 2005 China Study (which was clearly and obviously flawed from the start), they need to do a little catch-up.
In fact, you might want to find a doctor who cares enough to keep up with the research. Your current doctor prescribed a drug that is actually dangerous for a disease that is caused by something else entirely.
Heck, here’s an article I wrote in 2010… even I, an un-lab-coated blogger, knew years ago that cholesterol is safe to eat and have in abundance!
Meanwhile, experts on the other side of the cholesterol debate — experts who either don’t benefit from pharmaceutical sales or are smart enough to do their own research and learn the truth — these experts say that high cholesterol is only possibly a detriment for SOME males over 65.
Possibly. For SOME MALES 65+.
The entire notion that cholesterol contributes to heart disease is based on that ancient China Study, which has been so thoroughly and scientifically debunked, I’m surprised anyone wearing a lab coat could speak the cholesterol lie with a straight face. But they do which is why it’s so important for anyone with “high” cholesterol learn the truth for yourself!!!
Learning the truth about cholesterol and statins will require a little of your time. On the plus side, it could very well save your life. IMO (and the Os of lots and lots of experts, including many woke doctors), you will definitely be healthier with high cholesterol than with low.
Here are Actual Statin Facts
I watched this today (12/30/19). Short & sweet, words from one of the most respected functional medicine doctors on the planet, Dr. Mark Hyman, director of the Cleveland Clinic for Functional Medicine. And this interview is a year old…
The Dietary Wisdom of the Crowd is such a good article on cholesterol and what really and truly clogs your arteries. And how today’s myths and misinformation about meat, eggs, butter and cheese got into our mainstream!!!
It’s long, but at least read up to “The Anointed” section — WOW. It’s all good. The Protective Foods section is particularly eye-opening!
Tom Naughton, the author of the article, wrote, starred in and produced Fat Head, one of the movies linked above.
- The movie Fat Head — excellent for easy to digest facts (no pun intended), I’ve seen it several times, always learn something new. Rent on Amazon
- The Magic Pill www.netflix.com/watch/80238655
- Fat (2019) https://www.amazon.com/FAT-Documentary-Vinnie-Tortorich/dp/B07SR7LCMR/
- Sally Fallon, President of the Weston A. Price Foundation (WAPF) on The Oiling of America (YouTube) — Sally explains very clearly exactly HOW the China Study came to be so holy.
About that China Study
- A Thumbs Down book review
- Denise Minger burns down the China Study once and for all
- Denise and T. Colin Campbell (author of the China Study) debate its merits and conclusions
- Chris Masterjohn refutes author Campbell’s assertion re. cancer and protein
- Minger elaborates on vegan myths
Statin Facts: the Side Effects
Side effects include but are not limited to: memory loss, low libido (because without cholesterol, your body can’t make sex hormones), muscle pain/damage, liver damage, type 2 diabetes, increased blood sugar, cancer. Cataracts was recently added.
Makes you wonder what side effects they will find next, right? But, wait, there’s more.
- Side Effects (NHS.UK)
- Dangers of Statin Drugs: What you Haven’t been told (WAPF)
- Statins Harm Body & Mind (Dr. Kelly Brogan)
- The truth about statin drugs revealed (Mercola)
- Statin Side Effects (Mayo Clinic)
- 5 Reasons why you should NOT take statins (Mercola)
Articles & Sites
- Statin Choir Boy Turns Disbeliever (Dr. Dach)
- Health Guide: Statin Drugs (GreenMedInfo)
- Do Statins Produce Neurological Effects? (SciAmerican)
- All articles (Mercola)
- 50 Cholesterol and Statin Facts (SpaceDoc)
- If you are intent on reducing cholesterol even though CHOLESTEROL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CLOGGED ARTERIES, you’d be better off sipping coconut water.
- Website devoted to cholesterol: ChrisMasterjohnPhD.com
Vitamin K2 & Artheriosclerosis
Dr. Weston Price discovered K2 which he called Activator X. Today, K2 is considered an essential nutrient. This book, K2 & the Calcium Paradox, explains exactly WHAT clogs arteries and how K2 REVERSES it.
Yes, reverses CHD, the #1 killer of humans in the U.S. Your doctor won’t know about it. Because, if he did, he’d have prescribed K2 instead of statins.
Lots to read, yes, but if you want to live, I’d read them and start taking K2 today. Not to put too fine a point on it, lol.
My grandmother died at 96 with cholesterol well into the 300s. She ate fresh fatty fish with butter and lemon every night for most of her life. So I’m gonna continue eating fat and cholesterol with abandon until I can see a credible reason to stop.